All John Winter houses are situated in the best student streets around Cathays in Cardiff. The majority are located in the famed ‘Golden Triangle’, a small area comprised of the most popular student streets in Cardiff. You’ll be close to the University, the City Centre, transport connections and Cardiff’s parks. We do also have houses which are suitable for access to the Heath Hospital, Cardiff Met (Cyncoed and Llandaff) and others more suitable for USW ATRiuM too.
The Best Houses
A John Winter house offers the very best level of student accommodation at very reasonable rents. Every house is refurbished and maintained to the very best standards, irrespective of cost.
There’s nothing quite like living in a real house while at university - something seldom fully understood by students until they’ve moved out of Halls - but students in the year above you will always say that the freedom, the additional space, and the experience of living only with your closest friends just can’t be beaten. We design and manage our houses to help you make the most of that experience - a trouble-free, well-maintained and efficient home, with whatever degree of luxury your tastes and budget allow.
The Best Facilities
- Full-time Maintenance Manager always on hand
- Windows are cleaned regularly
- Gardens maintained at no cost by our gardening team
- Space to study
- Individual study bedrooms contain:
- Double beds with luxury memory foam mattresses, desks, chairs, shelving and wardrobes
- Blackout blinds at all windows for sound sleep, with additional curtain poles should you wish to add curtains for decoration.
- All houses ready for high-speed fibre internet
- Individual study bedrooms contain:
- Space to live
- Houses equipped for modern day student living
- High quality kitchens and living rooms to relax and entertain in with Italian leather sofas
- Dedicated dining areas - some with tables and chairs, others with breakfast and stools
- High quality fixtures and fittings
- Appliances including tumble driers, washing machines and dishwashers
- Private outdoor space
- Safe and Secure
- Front doors have specialist, high-security locks with a unique key system
- Houses registered with the Council’s HMO licensing scheme
- Houses in known safe locations
- No houses accessible from rear lanes
- Refurbished and maintained to highest levels
- All houses have energy saving features from double glazing to loft insulation
All features for each house are listed on the individual property pages.
The Best service
Without a letting agent in the picture, our tenants are in direct round-the-clock contact with the team their landlord entrusts to manage every house effectively. By being in frequent contact with every tenant - from signing-up all the way through to the last day of the tenancy - we get to know you well, and we genuinely care that your experience of renting with your friends at university is as great as it can possibly be.
- Full-time maintenance team available on-demand
- All gardens maintained regularly at no additional charge
- An exceptional level of service from our dedicated team:
- Easy lettings and straightforward viewings process
- Utility bills and Council Tax exemptions set up for you
- We meet up with you 2 months before you move in to check you are happy and run through any questions you may have
Again, uniquely, I have a full-time Lettings Manager dedicated to overseeing all aspects of your tenancy – from helping you select the right house for you and drawing up your contract, to inspecting every house for maintenance and improvements, as well as helping you with any issues that may arise over the course of your stay with us.
Based at our Welcome Office on Woodville Road, he will co-ordinate your move in, handle the transfer of your utility accounts to ensure moving is as simple as possible, manage your rent account, and provide extensive guidance on how to get the best out of your year or more in your John Winter house.
The Best Terms
We make the renting process as simple as possible. If you rent a house with us you won’t pay anything until you move in. We are unique in offering the following:
- No deposit
- No agency / contract fees
- Nothing payable until the first rent instalment is due
- Parental guarantors not required
- No tenancy renewal fees
- No‘extras’like inventory, check-in or check-out fees
- Straightforward rental payments
|Other Cardiff student letting agents||John Winter|
|Deposit||£400+ (typically one month’s rent + £50 per person)||None|
|Agency fee||Up to £120 per person(non-refundable)||None|
|Inventory fees||Up to £100 per person||None|
|Re-signing fees||Up to £100 per person||None|
Many students will end up paying over £500 per person per year in fees and deposits (which are very often not returned at the end of the year), making the cost the equivalent of £40/month more expensive the advertised rent
Safe and Secure
All my houses were bought and redeveloped with safety security a top priority. Very few have back or lane entrances. All front doors benefit from the latest in specialist high security door locks, and all back doors and windows have appropriate locking mechanisms as required. Gas and electrical safety is annually checked and certified, carbon monoxide detectors, smoke and heat sensors are fitted to every house, and all my houses are registered with, and exceed the requirements of, the Council’s HMO licensing scheme.
Importantly, I have always selected houses in locations that feel and are known to be safe.
If you want to know more about any aspect of the service we provide,
please contact us for details.
Our policy on privacy and data protection can be found here